- Prof. Dr. Yoshiyuki Hari
- Dr. Yuta Ito
- Dr. Takashi Osawa
The research in our group is in the area of organic and bioorganic chemistry, and currently focuses on the development of nucleic acid analogs capable of targeting single-stranded RNA or double-stranded DNA in a sequence-specific fashion. To achieve the objective, synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry are conducted.
(Keywords: Nucleic acid chemistry, Organic synthesis, Bioorganic chemistry, Medicinal chemistry)
Selected recent publications
- T. Osawa, Y. Hari*, M. Dohi, Y. Matsuda, S. Obika*, Synthesis and properties of the 5-methyluridine derivative of 3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran-bridged nucleic acid (DpNA), J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 10474-10481.
- Y. Hari*, S. Kashima, Y. Matsuda, A. Sakata, R. Takamine, S. Ijitsu, S. Obika*, Base pair recognition ability of 2-(methylamino)pyrimidin-4-yl nucleobase in parallel triplex DNA, Heterocycles 2015, 90, 432-441.
- M. Akabane-Nakata, S. Obika*, Y. Hari*, Synthesis of oligonucleotides containing N,N-disubstituted 3-deazacytosine nucleobases by post-elongation modification and their triplex-forming ability with double-stranded DNA, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 9011-9015.
- Y. Hari*, S. Ijitsu, M. Akabane-Nakata, T. Yoshida, S. Obika*, Kinetic study of the binding of triplex-forming oligonucleotides containing partial cationic modifications to double-stranded DNA, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2014, 24, 3046-3049.
- Y. Hari*, M. Akabane, S. Obika*, 2′,4′-BNA bearing a chiral guanidinopyrrolidine-containing nucleobase with potent ability to recognize the CG base pair in parallel-motif DNA triplex, Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 7421-7423.
- Y. Hari*, T. Morikawa, T. Osawa, S. Obika*, Synthesis and properties of 2′-O,4′-C-ethyleneoxy bridged 5-methyluridine, Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 3702-3705.
- Y. Hari*, M. Nakahara, S. Obika*, Triplex-forming ability of oligonucleotides containing 1-aryl-1,2,3-triazole nucleobases linked via a two atom-length spacer, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2013, 21, 5583-5588.
Review articles / Books
- Y. Hari*, S. Obika*, Synthesis and properties of 2′,4′-bridged nucleic acids containing multiple heteroatoms in the bridges, J. Synth. Org. Chem., Jpn. 2016, 74, 141-153 (in Japanese).
- Y. Hari*, Development of artificial nucleic acid that recognizes a CG base pair in triplex DNA formation, Yakugaku Zasshi 2013, 133, 1201-1208 (in Japanese).
- Y. Hari*, S. Obika, T. Imanishi*, Towards the sequence-selective recognition of double-stranded DNA containing pyrimidine-purine interruptions by triplex-forming oligonucleotides, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2012, 2875-2887.