Prof. Dr. Saburo Yoshioka.
Having problem-solving skills and practicing clinical studies such as reading articles and exercising to write down papers, that we are trying to educate such pharmacists as they get the spirit of inquiry. Rapidly, Japan is progressing in the middle of declining birthrates and aging. We are finding themes centering on the problems at health care settings, how pharmacists take actions to deal with the hyper-aging society. For examples, there are local health insurance pharmacies in the home medical care of “Visit Drug Management Instruction” and “Guidance for Management of In-Home Medical Long-Term Care” and so on. Specifically, we are trying to learn about specialists such as pharmacists give an appropriate advice serving as health care systems, and contributing to the promotion of providing information and educational activities or other things for the people in the local community.
The Main Themes of Our Research
- Research in the clinical pharmacy in the home medical care.
- Study on pharmaceutical care to aim at improvement of the patients’ QOL
- Actions for the clinical skills improvement of the pharmacists.
- Medical search for the products derived from nature.
- K. Jobu, J. Yokota, S. Yoshioka, H. Moriyama, S. Murata, M. Ohishi, H. Ukeda, M. Miyamura, Effects of Goishi tea on diet-induced obesity in mice, Food Research International, 54(1), 324-329, 2013.
- J. Yokota, K. Jobu, S. Yoshioka, T. Kashiwagi, T. Shimamura, H. Moriyama, S. Murata, M. Ohishi, H. Ukeda, M. Miyamura, The influence of Goishi tea on adipocytokines in obese mice, Food Chemistry, 138(4), 2210-2218, 2013.
- K. Jobu, C. Sun, S. Yoshioka, J. Yokota, M. Onogawa, C. Kawada, K. Inoue, T. Shuin, T. Sendo, M. Miyamura. Metabolomics Study on the Biochemical Profiles of Odor Elements in Urine of Human with Bladder Cancer. Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 35(4), 639-642, 2012.
- J. Yokota, T. Kitaoka, K. Jobu, D. Takuma, A. Hamada, M. Onogawa, S. Yoshioka, S. Kyotani, Mitsuhiko M. Eriobotrya japonica seed extract and deep sea water protect against indomethacin-induced gastric mucosal injury in rats. Journal of Natural Medicines, 65(1), 9-17, 2011.
- C. Sun, Y. Teng, G. Li, S. Yoshioka, J. Yokota, M. Miyamura, H. Fang, Y. Zhang. Metabonomics study of the protective effects of Lonicera japonica extract on acute liver injury in dimethylnitrosamine treated rats. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 53(1), 98-102, 2010.
- G. Sun, Y. Liu, J. Zhu, M. Iguchi, S. Yoshioka, M. Miyamura, S. Kyotani. Immunomodulatory Effect of Eriobotrya japonica Seed Extract on Allergic Dermatitis Rats. Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 56(2), 145-149, 2010.
- Y. Teng, C. Hai Sun, G. Li, G. Sun, Y. Nomachi, J. Yokota, S. Yoshioka, J. Gang, S. Jiao, Y. Zhang, M. Miyamura. Protective effects of Flos lonicera extract on acute liver injury by dimethylnitrosamine-induced in rats. Journal of Natural Medicines, 64(3), 288-294, 2010.
- S. Yoshioka, A. Hamada, K. Jobu, J. Yokota, M. Onogawa, S. Kyotani, M. Miyamura, T. Saibara, S. Onishi, Y. Nishioka. Effects of Eriobotrya japonica seed extract on oxidative stress in rats with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 62(2), 241-246, 2010.
- M. Onogawa, G. Sun, D. Takuma, A. Hamada, J. Yokota, S. Yoshioka, M. Kusunose, M. Miyamura, S. Kyotani, Y. Nishioka. Animal studies supporting the inhibition of mast cell activation by Eriobotrya japonica seed extract. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 61(2), 237-241, 2009.
- D. Takuma, S. Guangchen, J. Yokota, A. Hamada, M. Onogawa, S. Yoshioka, M. Kusunose, M. Miyamura, S. Kyotani, Y. Nishioka. Effect of Eriobotrya japonica Seed Extract on 5-Fluorouracil- Induced Mucositis in Hamsters. Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 31(2), 250-254, 2008.