Prof. Dr. Yoshiyuki Hari
Dr. Yuta Ito
Dr. Yasufumi Fuchi
The research in our group is in the area of organic and bioorganic chemistry, and currently focuses on the development of nucleic acid analogs capable of targeting single-stranded RNA or double-stranded DNA in a sequence-specific fashion. To achieve the objective, synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry are conducted.
(Keywords: Nucleic acid chemistry, Organic synthesis, Bioorganic chemistry, Medicinal chemistry)
Selected recent publications
- K. Yamamoto, Y. Fuchi, M. Okabe, T. Osawa, Y. Ito, Y. Hari*, New cleavable spacers for tandem synthesis of multiple oligonucleotides,Synthesis 2021, 53, 4440-4448.
- K. Yamamoto, Y. Fuchi, Y. Ito, Y. Hari*, Bicyclo[2.2.2]octane-2,3-diol as a universal linker for the solid-phase synthesis of oligonucleotides, Tetrahedron 2021, 92, 132261.
- T. Osawa, M. Kawaguchi, Y. Jang, Y. Ito, Y. Hari*, Synthesis and properties of oligonucleotides bearing thymidine derivatives with 1,6-dioxaspiro[4.5]decane skeleton, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2021, 31, 115966.
- Y. Ito, H. Hayashi, Y. Fuchi, Y. Hari*, Post-synthetic modification of oligonucleotides containing 5-mono- and 5-di-fluoromethyluridines, Tetrahedron 2021, 77, 131769.
- S. Yamashita, K. Nishida, T. Osawa, A. Nakanishi, Y. Ito, Y. Hari*, Synthesis of oligonucleotides containing 2ʹ-N-alkylaminocarbonyl-2′-amino-LNA (2′-urea-LNA) moieties using post-synthetic modification strategy, Molecules (Invited) 2020, 25, 346.
- T. Osawa, H. Kim, M. Shoji, M. Saijo, M. Dohi, Y. Ito, S. Obika, Y. Hari*, Synthesis of 2ʹ-C,4ʹ-C-methyleneoxy-bridged thymidine derivatives and properties of modified oligonucleotides, J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 13336-13344.
- Y. Ito, N. Tsutsui, T. Osawa, Y. Hari*, Synthesis of the methyl analog of 2ʹ-O,4ʹ-C-ethylene-bridged 5-methyluridine via intramolecular radical cyclization and properties of the modified oligonucleotides, J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 9093-9100.
Review articles / Books
- Y. Hari*, Bridged nucleosides as building blocks of oligonucleotides: Synthesis and properties, Heterocycles (Invited) 2020, 100, 681-717.
- T. Osawa, S. Obika, Y. Hari*, 2′-C,4′-C-Ethyleneoxy-bridged 2′-deoxyribonucleic acids (EoDNAs) with thymine nucleobases: Synthesis, duplex-forming ability and enzymatic stability, Non-Natural Nucleic Acids, N. Shank (ed.), Springer, 59-89 (2019).
- Y. Hari*, Site-specific modification of nucleobases in oligonucleotides, Synthesis of Therapeutic Oligonucleotides, S. Obika and M. Sekine (eds.), Springer, 131-145 (2018).