Prof. Dr. Yoshiyuki Hari
Dr. Yuta Ito
The research in our group is in the area of organic and bioorganic chemistry, and currently focuses on the development of nucleic acid analogs capable of targeting single-stranded RNA or double-stranded DNA in a sequence-specific fashion. To achieve the objective, synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry are conducted.
(Keywords: Nucleic acid chemistry, Organic synthesis, Bioorganic chemistry, Medicinal chemistry)
Selected recent publications
- T. Osawa, Y. Hari*, M. Dohi, Y. Matsuda, S. Obika*, Synthesis and properties of the 5-methyluridine derivative of 3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran-bridged nucleic acid (DpNA), J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 10474-10481.
- Y. Hari*, S. Kashima, Y. Matsuda, A. Sakata, R. Takamine, S. Ijitsu, S. Obika*, Base pair recognition ability of 2-(methylamino)pyrimidin-4-yl nucleobase in parallel triplex DNA, Heterocycles 2015, 90, 432-441.
- M. Akabane-Nakata, S. Obika*, Y. Hari*, Synthesis of oligonucleotides containing N,N-disubstituted 3-deazacytosine nucleobases by post-elongation modification and their triplex-forming ability with double-stranded DNA, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 9011-9015.
- Y. Hari*, S. Ijitsu, M. Akabane-Nakata, T. Yoshida, S. Obika*, Kinetic study of the binding of triplex-forming oligonucleotides containing partial cationic modifications to double-stranded DNA, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2014, 24, 3046-3049.
- Y. Hari*, M. Akabane, S. Obika*, 2′,4′-BNA bearing a chiral guanidinopyrrolidine-containing nucleobase with potent ability to recognize the CG base pair in parallel-motif DNA triplex, Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 7421-7423.
- Y. Hari*, T. Morikawa, T. Osawa, S. Obika*, Synthesis and properties of 2′-O,4′-C-ethyleneoxy bridged 5-methyluridine, Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 3702-3705.
- Y. Hari*, M. Nakahara, S. Obika*, Triplex-forming ability of oligonucleotides containing 1-aryl-1,2,3-triazole nucleobases linked via a two atom-length spacer, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2013, 21, 5583-5588.
Review articles / Books
- Y. Hari*, S. Obika*, Synthesis and properties of 2′,4′-bridged nucleic acids containing multiple heteroatoms in the bridges, J. Synth. Org. Chem., Jpn. 2016, 74, 141-153 (in Japanese).
- Y. Hari*, Development of artificial nucleic acid that recognizes a CG base pair in triplex DNA formation, Yakugaku Zasshi 2013, 133, 1201-1208 (in Japanese).
- Y. Hari*, S. Obika, T. Imanishi*, Towards the sequence-selective recognition of double-stranded DNA containing pyrimidine-purine interruptions by triplex-forming oligonucleotides, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2012, 2875-2887.